Monday, January 4, 2010

Smoked Salmon Parcels with Israeli Couscous

Since I had already decided to make the Stuffed Peppers with Israeli Couscous, I thought it would be a good idea and a good pairing for another dish to have the same kind of couscous. I found this recipe and I loved it immediately because I’m always trying to improve my presentation and I like making cute looking dishes. ^_^ (OK, that’s the closest fob thing that I’ll ever do).

Whole Foods was out of chives, basil, and other herbs. I just drizzled regular extra virgin olive oil over this. At least it still tasted great; they all liked it. I liked it too!

[100% organic]

*OK, the presentation is kind of messy. The smoked salmon was not easy to wrap around the couscous clumps.

**I’m going to make this another time when there are chives for sale!!!

Ingredients:

  • 0.5 lb smoked salmon, choose the center pieces
  • Stuffing from this recipe
  • 2 cups Israeli couscous with 4 cups of water
  • 1 cup chives, chopped
  • 1 cup EVOO
  • 1 garlic clove, finely minced
  • Sea salt and freshly ground pepper

Instructions:

Chive oil

  1. Place chopped chives and garlic into food processor and process till finely chopped
  2. Stream in olive oil
  3. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
  4. Strain mixture into a glass bowl
  5. Give about 30 minutes to drain
  6. Discard solids.

Couscous

  1. Follow these instructions
  2. After step 11, stir in 0.25 cup of chive oil into the couscous and stuffing mixture

Salmon Parcels

  1. Make clumps of the couscous and cover with the smoked salmon
  2. Garnish with chives

*Adapted from Single Guy Chef.

[Via http://ifyancanyoucan.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment