Friday, January 15, 2010

Roasted Winter Veggie Wraps

This is a great chart I tripped over one day when reading my daily rss feeds via google reader (chart courtesy of guardian.co.uk and Leon Restaraunt). I’ve laminated this chart and it resides on the side of my fridge so that I can refer to it when planning meals or just looking to she whats good when I want to make something like roasted veggie wraps. I will be using a combintion of fresh frozen produce from my CSA share and seasonal items on this chart.

Ingredients for Winter Veggie Wrap:

1 small eggplant,  sliced thin

1 small red pepper, seeded and sliced thin

2 – 3 Artichoke hearts

Brussel sprouts – cut in 1/2

1 butternut squash, sliced thin

1 small zucchini sliced thin

sweet Vidalia onion, sliced thin

2 tsp canola & olive oil

1 tbs fresh basil

2 cloves garlic, peeled & pressed

Sea Salt & Pepper (to taste)

Cream cheese ( I prefer the whipped variety)

6 tortillas (flour or corn)

Prep:

Preheat oven to 450

Combine all veggies in a roasting pan

Roast veggies for 20 minutes or until tender

Season with salt & pepper

Add oil and garlic, toss to coat

Heat tortillas

Spread a little cream cheese on tortilla

Spoon veggies into tortilla

Roll into a cylinder and serve

(may add shredded cheese of your liking to add a little extra flavor)

Enjoy :)

[Via http://lv2cookgdfd.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment