Friday, January 29, 2010

Healthy Week Night Dinner

On Tuesday night, I had some umeboshi (sour plum) marinated chicken left over from Sunday Night, so I decided to use it as a topping for Udon Noodles. I rarely make Udon …but figured it’s a good one dish dinner for busy weeknights…For Hump Day on Wednesday, we finally decided to go see Avatar in 3D IMAX. I know I’m a bit behind but it turned out to be a fantastic hump day event! I was thoroughly entertained! As for the dinner, I didn’t have much time to cook, so I made simple dishes… Steamed sweet potatoes with feta cheese, Broiled Pompano fish with onion black bean sauce, balsamic vinegar marinated, grilled asparagus and kiriboshi-daikon (Japanese dried daikon radish simmered with fried tofu skin and carrots). I made kiriboshi-daikon for the first time with my mother-in-law in my mind. She likes cooking and healthy dishes. Maybe I’ll make this dish for her, next time she comes over.

[Via http://missbabysunshine.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment