Monday, February 22, 2010

Need for Quick and Easy

From what I’ve read, exclusive pumping is the toughest way to feed your baby compared to breastfeeding and formula feeding. From personal experience, it’s certainly time consuming because I’m, more or less, doing both – expressing the milk and feeding my daughter from the bottle. All the benefits of breastfeeding with all the hassle of formula feeding. Time consuming means more need for multi-tasking and short cuts. Today was an especially busy one: laundry, shopping, professional job (I work part time from home), aside from baby duties. And of course we have to eat. My husband is a great cook and shares in the cooking duties, but tonight, and many nights, dinner was on me. Quick and easy for me not only means fast to prepare but also fast clean up, which means few pots and pan. In this case, I turn to the entree salad and tonight I made chicken salads with apples, nuts and blue cheese. The most painful part is the chicken, and tonight I relied on the store-bought rotisserie chicken or as my husband calls it, the cheater chicken. Combine all the components with a light dressing and I feel like I’m contributing the the weight loss of my pregnancy and getting a nutritious meal that will give me the energy to pump and do everything else that supermoms do.

[Via http://breastexpressions.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment