Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 56: Canadian women, eh?

We just watched the Canadian women’s hockey team win gold. I was sad for the team from USA, but I also thought that they should have been trained in how to show good sportsmanship. The crowd was dying to support them, as you could tell from their response to the few US women who bothered to wave to the fans. Every time one of them tried to smile past her disappointment and look up and out the crowd went wild. I also wasn’t too impressed when I heard that the US team had already ordered the gold label bubbly for the after-game party… Guess they’ll be sending that back. They skated well and played a tough game. Tonight, however, it was Canada’s night.

Bethany:

A print of a dog

This is a dog print that I saw on the way to my bus stop.

Cat:

Thanks, Michael and Sylvia

This is a loaf of bread that I baked tonight (as Bethany would say). Michael can take credit for providing the actual method and recipe via his Facebook entry, but Sylvia deserves some of the credit for talking about baking bread and bringing bread baking books with her to the kids’ pottery class, and thus planting the seeds generally.

Andrew:

Standby to roll record....

Yes I know this is an “audio” tape instead of a more proper and dignified video tape.  But I wanted to celebrate my brother-in-law’s other line of work as an audio mastering engineer.  Chris probably has never even used tapes like this as he was already in the digital age when he was taking classes.  This is 5000 ft of 10.5″ tape for 12 tracks of audio.  They also had 2″ reels that could hold 24 tracks, which was more standard.  Nice to look at on the wall.

[Via http://haggertabc.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment