Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Pie & Pancakes

Well I successfully made two pumpkin pies for Mordechai’s birthday!! Our hips and thighs will remember them for a while to come.

So I had some leftover pumpkin, and since I dont like to waste what the good Lord has blessed us with I decided that I needed to make pancakes or fritters or something in that family out of them. I mixed in pretty much the same ingredients into the leftover pumpkin and knew that at the very least it would taste good. Looking back I realise that I should not have added milk and should have waited for the pan to get scorching hot. I proceeded to try and cook this bowl of pumpkin goop for the next 45 mins. Cooking batches and then recooking it till it was almost burnt to a fine crisp.

Eventually I had had enough and said enough is enough. Tada! I presented my darling husband for his birthday dinner “Scortched Pumpkin Goop on a Plate”

No comments:

Post a Comment