Friday, October 16, 2009

Chocolate Cut Out Cookies

I’m a massive fan of the Nigella Lawson Butter Cut Out Cookie recipe, they’re easy to make, easy to cut out, actually keep their shape and what’s more, taste delicious, oh and the dough keeps really well in the freezer and as the recipe makes alot of dough, that’s a really useful feature. So, when there were some panicked text messages yesterday that our class cake sale was actually today, I didn’t actually have much cake making ingredients in my kitchen, but I did have the ingredients for the cut out cookies but as delicious as they are, they’re a little plain if you don’t ice them and you know how bad I am at icing, so, feeling in the mood to experiment, I decided chocolate coloured cookies would be a little more attractive, so I substituted 40g of the flour with 40g of cocoa powder. Getting out all the biscuit cutters I never normally get a chance to use (I’m more of a free form biscuit maker normally) I had great fun cutting out shapes and once in the oven, they came out beautifully.

Tasted darn nice to, but that was I think more because I used Green & Blacks cocoa powder than anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment